Saturday, January 3, 2009






More On Hawaii






I loved the time we spent in Hawaii. The first day we were there we sent the boys to the pool and we went grocery shopping at Safeway. We had a kitchen in our suite. The prices were eye opening! Then we walked down to Waikiki Beach and walked around the stores some after we ate dinner. The next day we went beach hopping from one beach to another. Robbie's goal was to take a nap at every beach we stopped at. I think he accomplished his goal. We also had to stop the first day at some of the places we had been told to eat. We stopped at Ted's Bakery near Sunset Beach where I had chocolate pie and everyone else had various delicious items. We also saw a monk seal at Sunset Beach taking a snooze. It was huge. As usual we didn't have a camera with us so we can't show you a picture. I don't thik Robbie and Gavin saw it. Gavin was trying the nap on the beach thing too. I found I could sit on the beach happily for a long time. We also saw whales blowing far out in the water and slapping their tails. We ate hamburgers Kai'aina Sandwich Shop or something like that. I had trouble with the Hawaiin names. The boys said they were the best cheeseburgers ever! I wouldn't know because I had a fish sandwich. We found out lots of restaurants only take cash. That was interesting! We found there were not a lot of things to do at night except walk around to the different shops and see the interesting street performers. Sometimes we just watched TV.




We enjoyed going to the PCC. We didn't have time to see everything at all the villages. The Luau and the show were lots of fun. I picked the picture of the Tahiti girls because Robbie said he liked them best. You know all the shaking of hips.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a great time in Hawaii! It sounds like so much fun! Thanks for the Christmas card you sent us! I'm glad you have a blog. Now I can keep up better on what you're family is doing!

    ReplyDelete